Welcome everyone! “Spring is Here”. I looked out saw pops of yellow forsythia bushes that are flowering in the back yard so I decided to bring some Spring indoors. I have to admit I’m pretty far behind on Spring decorating.
So this is my start, it lets me know Spring is here. So I will share what I’ve done and hopefully encourage you to do the same. Look around outside and see what you can bring in and enjoying nature inside as well as outside.
These look so darn good, I think I might just get online and order some faux stems. I have seen quite a few that look REAL…. That way, I can replace as these die off…. Today I am sharing this little glimpse of Spring here on Sylvan Lane…..
If you don’t have access to a live bush I gotcha covered.
I have several sources that I use for Faux Greenery, Florals and More. I will give you those sources below:
Let Your Home Reflect Spring
I got a little carried away and was going to take some of the items off, but I thought this could be like a resource for you to pick and choose what you like, what will work in your home and what is affordable so don’t get scared off when you see ALL of these really great tips.
Here is Adding a Touch of Spring
Here are some simple and fun spring decor ideas that I found on Pinterest- they are on my shortlist of simple DIY’s. Thought I would share them with you all. Maybe for some it’s too elementary but for those of us who are not the best. . . DIYers, this will work. add a touch of spring your home!
- Bunny Silhouette: Print out a bunny silhouette and frame it or glue it onto a piece of colored paper to make a cute decoration for your wall.
- Butterfly Cutouts: Cut out butterfly shapes from colorful paper and hang them from string or fishing line for a whimsical spring decoration.
- Flower Garland: Cut out some flower shapes from colorful paper, punch holes in them and string them together to create a pretty flower garland.
- Floral Wreath: Print out a floral wreath design and glue it onto a hoop or wreath form to create a beautiful spring decoration for your front door.
- Mason Jar Vase: Print out some floral designs and glue them onto a mason jar to create a pretty vase for fresh flowers.
- Spring Bunting: Print out some spring-themed bunting flags and string them together to create a festive decoration for your home.
- Spring Quote: Print out a spring-themed quote, such as “Bloom where you are planted,” and frame it for a quick and easy decoration. (Like Below)
I hope these ideas inspire you to add a little Spring to your home. If you have kiddos these would make a nice family craft.
Faux or fresh forsythia branches can easily add some spring vibes to your home.
Did you know………
- Forsythia is named for William Forsyth (1737-1804). He discovered the shrub while on a plant-hunting mission in China.
- Forsythia requires only 30 cumulative (not consecutive) hours of below 40-degree temperatures in order to bloom. That’s why the branches can be forced so early in the year.
My Picks for Spring Refresh
Click on Any Image to be taken to Description.
15 Easy Home Spring Decor Refesh Ideas
- Add fresh flowers: Bring the spring inside by adding fresh flowers to your home. Choose bright and colorful blooms that complement your existing décor.
- Switch up your curtains: Swap out heavy winter curtains for lighter, brighter options that let in more natural light.
- Incorporate pastels: Introduce pastel colors throughout your home. Think soft pinks, baby blues, and muted yellows.
- Add a spring wreath: Hang a spring wreath on your front door or in your home to welcome the season.
- Bring in natural elements: Use natural elements like branches, twigs, and moss to add a touch of nature to your décor. Forsythia!
- Add pops of color: Inject some color into your home with bright accent pieces like throw pillows, blankets, or vases.
- Update your table settings: Use bright and playful tableware to add some fun to your dining table.
- Incorporate lighter fabrics: Switch out heavy winter fabrics for lighter options like linen and cotton.
- Add a statement piece: Choose a bold statement piece like a colorful rug or a unique piece of art to add personality to your space.
- Create a gallery wall: Display a collection of spring-inspired art or photographs on a gallery wall.
- Update your bedding: Swap out heavy winter bedding for light and airy options like cotton or linen sheets.
- Incorporate greenery: Add some fresh greenery to your space with potted plants or a hanging herb garden. Or Faux.
- Bring in new scents: Choose spring-inspired scents like lavender, citrus, or fresh linen to freshen up your home.
- Update your doormat: Swap out your old doormat for a bright and playful option to welcome guests. (This is the Upcoming Next Post)
- Create a cozy nook: Create a cozy reading nook or seating area with comfortable cushions and soft throws to relax and enjoy the spring weather.
Come Sit a Spell, I’ll Grab A Glass of Lemonade
Refreshing your home for Spring can be a fun and creative process. Here are some tips on how to refresh your home for spring:
- Bring in some greenery: Add some houseplants or fresh flowers to your home to bring the outdoors inside. Plants not only improve the air quality but also add a touch of color and life to a space.
- Change up the color scheme: Swap out dark, heavy colors for lighter, brighter hues. Think pastels, soft greens, yellows, and blues. You can add these colors through throw pillows, blankets, curtains, or even a new coat of paint.
- Declutter and clean: Spring is the perfect time to declutter your home and get rid of items you no longer need. A thorough Spring Cleaning will also help freshen up your home and give it a renewed feeling.
- Switch up your bedding and linens: Switching out your bedding and linens can instantly give your room a fresh look. Consider adding floral patterns or lighter-weight materials to match the season.
- Rearrange furniture: Changing the layout of a room can give it a completely new feel. Try moving around your
Refreshing your home for spring can be a fun and creative process. Here are some tips on how to refresh your home for spring:
- Add some artwork or decor: Adding new artwork or decor can help bring a fresh perspective to your home. Consider incorporating artwork or decor that features bright colors or spring motifs.
Overall, refreshing your home for Spring is about creating a bright, inviting space that reflects the season and brings a sense of renewal and energy to your home.
Spring refresh is making changes to the decor and arrangement of a room to give it a fresh look and feel in of Spring.
The goal of a Spring Home/Room refresh is to create a bright and inviting space that welcomes the season and brings a sense of renewal and energy to the home.
See you soon….thanks for Visiting
I hope this brought a little bit of Sunshine and Anticipation of what is on the Horizon… lots of Sunshine, Flowers, Birds and Great Spring and Summer Gatherings.
Thanks for joining us and being a part of The City Cottage Family. I love when we can visit.
Don’t forget to Visit us over at: Pinterest. Share us with someone you know, “Sharing is Caring”.
Until next time…..