In decorating any room we have talked about fresh flowers being a great addition to your decor plants can really bring the outdoors inside and have aesthetic qualities, as well as they’re long lasting. There’s so much more to houseplants than their beauty. They can actually make you healthier and happier.
“Decorator tip: The plant inside of the pot will make a statement all by itself but if you choose a beautiful spring pot it will step it up a notch!”
Caring for Plants Tips:
- Don’t overwater your plants. It’s much easier to revive them when they’re under-watered.
- Don’t put your plants in direct sunlight, which can cause spotting, burning or the leaves to fall off.
- When you do see the ends of the leaves turning brown, trim them. This will help your plants grow healthier and stronger.
It’s fun to watch plants grow…at least it is for me! Have fun looking for your plants and pots at your local greenhouse! Grab a Starbucks on your way and enjoy the smells and beauty of greenhouses in the Spring/Summer!
On my list for refreshing my bedroom I want to incorporate plants. I have done some research and found it very informative and helpful. I thought I would share my findings with you all.
Plants Good in the Bedroom
Did you know…..@ night, most plants breathe just like people do — say what? They pull in oxygen from the air and release carbon dioxide.
Then there are a few plants, that do just the opposite and emit oxygen at night.
Here a just a few (my favorites):
~ Philodendron *
~ Parlor Palm
~ English Ivy *
*These are harmful to pets
5 Easiest Indoor Plants
I am all about Easy, how about you. LOL!
- English Ivy
- Ficus Plant
- Spider Plant (this is one of my Favorites)
Additional BENEFITS Of Plants
– Plants in the office have been linked to fewer cold related symptoms and reduced fatigue.
– Teachers did you know that Plants in the classroom have been found to increase the attentiveness of students by 70%.
– Taking care of plants can make you happier because it’s rewarding and provides a sense of purpose.
So with all this knowledge, I feel confident in picking out indoor plants. But the best part is picking out the many decorative pots. The choices are endless. Below are a few of my choices:
Hoping what I have shared will inspire you to join me and do some indoor gardening of your own. Happy Planting!
Until next time….
Thanks again for being a part of The City Cottage family. I love when we can visit together.
Please share us on Instagram and Facebook. “Sharing is Caring”.
Be sure to visit and follow us on Pinterest, we love the company.